LE PETIT HÔPITAL
Luxury South of France Getaway
SEE & DO
Explore the Town.
L'Isle Sur La Sorgue is located just 2km away from Le Petit Hopital and is home to some of the most amazing shops, restaurants, and scenery. It is known as the "Antique capital of France" and is often referred to as a "Mini Venice" - given the "Sorgue" runs throughout the entirety of the town.
Some of our best recommendations as to what to do in Li'Isle Sur La Sorgue
- Homemade sorbet and gelato @ Gourmet L'isle
- Wine and cheese tastings @ Caveau de la Tour de L'isle
- Bakeries are everywhere!
- Small shops are everywhere!
- The legendary Cafe de France for a petit café or a verre du vin
- Visit the several other restaurants, one of our favourites being "Cafe de Fleurs"
Explore Surrounding Areas.
Provence is one of the most stunning places in Europe. There are endless towns that are full of shops, cafes, and unique histories. We'd recommend checking out the following towns, organized by distance from Le Petit Hopital.
- Cavaillon (for the Monday markets and to hike up the "Coline")
- Gordes (for the spectacular views)
- Menerbes (for the spectacular views)
- Avignon (for the history and the shopping)
- Aix-en-Provence (to get your big city fix)
- Cassis (for a beautiful seaside town and scenery)
- Marseille (for a big city fix right next to the sea)
- Cannes & Nice (for the classic French Cote D'Azur Experience)
- St. Tropez (for the French Riviera)
L'Isle Sur La Sorgue is located just 2km away from Le Petit Hopital and it happens to hold the most stunning markets and antique markets on Thursdays and Sundays.
All markets generally commence around 9:30am and run until 12:30 or 1pm.
Daily Markets in the South of France:
Mondays - Cavaillon: 10 mins from the house
Tuesdays - Vaisin la Romain: 50 mins from the house
Wednesdays - St. Remy de Provence: 30 mins from the house
Thursdays - Aix-en-Provence & Li'sle Sur La Sorgue
Fridays - Eygalières: 25 mins from the house
Saturdays - Apt: 30 mins from the house
Sundays - L'isle Sur La Sorgue: 2 mins from the house
The South of France is saturated with vineyards upon vineyards. There are endless places to tour and to purchase some of the most well known wines.
Our favourites wineries to visit:
- Chateau la Canorge: Bonnieux